This is a long goddamn post, so bear with me.
Right now, I’m still working on a number of different projects for The Right Vidya. I figured I’d give my dear readers a heads-up on what I’ve got planned:
- I finally got a copy of Hatred. Since my previous essay on the game is what put me on the map (It appeared on Xenosystems, This Week in Reaction, and even got noticed by an award-winning developer!) I figure I’ll post a full review of the game. My goal is to have that done by Monday, with a post going up that morning.
- Now that I’ve finished building my kickass gaming PC, I’ve been looking into streaming and video recording. While nothing is set in stone, I’ve been thinking about how many different right-wing themes are in Deus Ex, and how many conversation-starters there are in it. I’d be interested in streaming that, with some alt-right/NRx types being there to discuss it.
- I’ve been looking into the idea of a TheRightVidya youtube channel, but I’m not terribly certain what I’d want to put on it. If I had enough booze, I’d love to do a drunken let’s play of Postal 2, one of my favorite edgy games. More realistically though, I’m considering a podcast in the vein of Common Filth’s, where I maybe just talk about the week’s big stories in video games and offer some right-wing commentary.
- In an outburst of frustration upon seeing how much money people will throw at idiots for their stupid shitlib opinions, I’ve sworn that I WILL colonize Patreon, planting the flag of the edgysphere there. When I start producing content, expect that to go up. I don’t even care if you’re all too smart to give money to bloggers. I’ll find a way to make this blog a fiscal success, mark my words!
- I got my digital packet for the Hugos, I still need to get around to filling out my ballot. Hoping for a major Puppy victory!
So yeah, that’s about three hundred words telling you what I’m up to. Hopefully my loyal readers are ready to become loyal watchers and listeners!
Last week, I set up my gratipay account. While I’ll admit that I’m frustrated with the lack of contributions, a recent event helped my put things into perspective. Adult entertainment star “Cytherea” was recently attacked in her home, viciously sexually assaulted, and robbed. While I understand that pornography is a dangerous field, the sheer brutality and savagery of the crime is horrifying and almost beyond my comprehension.
I live with my family in a nice neighborhood, with a drastically low crime rate. I have a happy, healthy life where I don’t worry about much. My life is not in danger, and the worst I’ve ever had to put up with was an ugly bluff from a deranged individual. And yet in spite of this, I have yet to donate to any #GamerGate related fundraising efforts. When I allot my budget, I consistently forget to set aside money for charities or other fundraising efforts.
That’s why I’m announcing that this week, all contributions made to me via Gratipay will be directly donated to Cytherea’s recovery fund. I’ve always believed that a man should look after the people in need of help, no matter what their situation is. This is a chance for me to put my money where my mouth is. You can find the account here, and my pay day is Thursday. Thus, any donations between today and Thursday will be given to Cytherea’s recovery fund. I’d graciously appreciate any help you could give to me, as well as Cytherea.
Tired of seeing insane, neurotic SJWs make loads of money off of crowdfunding?
Want to show that there’s a good market for alternative schools of critical thought?
Well then, I’m proud to announce that you can now fund The Right Vidya using Gratipay! Gratipay is the future of crowdfunding, a weekly pay-as-you-will model to support content creators that you like! That’s right, pay as you will! Pay whatever you want per week! One dollar! A hundred dollars! Whatever you want! Sky’s the limit!
By signing up and donating to The Right Vidya, you ensure that this blog will continue to pump out quality thinkpieces on a weekly basis! You’re funding cutting-edge, never-seen-before critical analysis of video games, pro wrestling, and other parts of nerd culture!